Cosmetology Hybrid Program in Arizona
48 Week* Cosmetology Hybrid Program
We are the first school in Arizona to be approved by the U.S. Department of Education to offer a Cosmetology Hybrid Program!
Our Cosmetology Hybrid program includes distance learning that happens off-site, online and at your convenience. The 4-Day schedule gives you more flexibility in your work and personal life while providing a comprehensive curriculum written and mapped around topics and skills directly requested by employers and industry professionals.
In our Cosmetology Hybrid program, you’ll learn cutting, coloring and styling techniques as well as extensions, nails, skin treatments and more.
You’ll be challenged creatively and technically with opportunities to excel on campus while utilizing our unique online learning portal to complete some of your studies away from campus.
Throughout the program, you will refine your industry and business skills through our 6 R’s professional development curriculum covering topics including leadership, communication, public speaking, professional etiquette and more.
Next Program Start Dates
- Mar 25th, 2020Cosmetology Hybrid: Cosmetology Hybrid - 4-Day Schedule Penrose Academy - Scottsdale
- May 20th, 2020Cosmetology Hybrid: Cosmetology Hybrid - 4-Day Schedule Penrose Academy - Scottsdale
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
9:00am – 5:00pm
Only Four Days a Week
Busy with other commitments? Have a family, a job on the side, or both? It’s tough to fit everything in and we understand that. At Penrose, our Cosmetology Program is only four days a week.
You’ll be able to…
- Save time by commuting to class one less day per week
- Take your stress levels down a few notches
- Put more of your valuable time towards what’s important in your life
And you can do this all while getting the education you need to feel confident about launching an exciting beauty career.
- 1600 hours (48 weeks*)
- 34 hours/week (30 hours per week on campus + four hours per week of distance learning off site, online and at your convenience)
- 4-Day schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Davines, Hattori Hanzo, Joico and CND product partnerships
- Milady MindTap based curriculum
- Both classroom and hands-on training in our 70-chair Student Salon
- All-school educational assemblies
- Professional & Career Development classes
- Semi-annual editorial styling and runway presentation events
- Aqua Hair Extensions certification
Is Beauty School Right for You? Find Out! Take the Penrose Academy “Beauty Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now >>
Your 48-week* program will be divided into six zones. Each zone’s curriculum also includes Life Skills education, our comprehensive professional and personal development program designed to build your business and professional skills.
Technical Curriculum Breakdown
Master the technical skills with our comprehensive hands-on curriculum. These technical skill building blocks give you the foundation to grow your career in the professional beauty industry.
- Sculpting & haircutting
- Hair Design
- Hair Color
- Assisting Senior Students in the Student Salon
- Men’s Sculpting & Grooming
- Manicures/ Pedicures
- Nail Enhancements
- Shellac Gel Polish
- Editorial Design Challenge
- Aqua Hair Extensions
- Model Workshops
- Hair Removal
- Skin Treatments
- Lash Lift
- Lash & Brow Tint
- State Board Boot Camp
- Industry Day Networking
- Mentoring Zone 2 Students
- AZ State Board test-out
Theory Curriculum Breakdown
Learn your theory through MindTap, a unique interactive online learning platform available through our partnership with Milady.
- Hair Design
- Salon Ecology
- Design Decisions
- Chemical Texturing
- The Law of Color
- The Study of Nails
- Professional Development: Business Basics
- Salon Business
- The Study of Skin
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Wigs & Hair Extensions
- Intro to Laser
- Infection Control and Safety
- AZ State Board laws & Regulations
- Final Exam Review
Ever since I was little I have LOVED hair and makeup and have always wanted to go into Cosmetology. I never had the guts to go for it until I toured Penrose and my husband pushed me to go after what I loved. What stood out about Penrose? The atmosphere! I loved the mini mission statement and the enthusiasm of the teachers and students. It seemed like an empowering place to be and I knew instantly it was the place for me.
At Penrose Academy, we believe in being transparent and upfront about tuition costs so you can make an informed decision when choosing a school. We’re here to work with you, one-on-one, to help you determine the best financing options for you. In addition, we provide financial aid guidance and information on any scholarship opportunities available. We want to do everything in our power to help you achieve the education and the career you’ve always wanted.
If you have questions about tuition, or the financing options that may be available to you, please contact us. We’ll work with you individually to find the ideal solution.
Is a Rewarding Beauty Career Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in beauty and exploring whether Penrose Academy is right for you, fill out the form to receive more information or take our online training readiness quiz!
For immediate questions, give us a call at 480-222-9540.
*Program length when completed in normal time.