Esthetics School Program in Arizona
Esthetics training at Penrose combines scientific knowledge, hands-on training, professional development education and more.
Our Esthetics curriculum is offered in both full-time 4-Day and part-time 2-Day schedules and is designed to give you the crucial information required to succeed in today’s professional health & beauty industry. You’ll have the opportunity to master the key skills required to provide results-oriented treatments.
You’ll tap into your creativity with makeup training and signature editorial projects, and challenge yourself technically and professionally throughout the program. We are the state’s only undergraduate academy to align with SkinMedica products and peels as our cosmeceutical line of choice.
Master your interpersonal and business skills through our professional development curriculum which covers subjects such as retailing, guest retention practices, public speaking, professional etiquette and more.
And our 28-bed Student Spa provides a professional environment for working on live guests. Whether you choose to work in a spa, a dermatology office, as a makeup artist, for a skin care line, or any other path you choose, our Esthetics program will give you the educational foundation to build your career on.
Next Program Start Dates
- Jan 29th, 2020Esthetics: Esthetics - 4-Day Schedule Penrose Academy - Scottsdale
Full-time, 4-Day program
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
8:30am – 4:30pm
Part-time, 2-Day program
Monday and Tuesday
8:30am – 5:00pm
Two or Four Days a Week – You Choose
Busy with other commitments? Have a family, a job on the side, or both? It’s tough to fit everything in and we understand that. At Penrose, we offer two versions of our Esthetics Program: either two days or four days a week – whatever works best for you!
You’ll be able to…
- Save time by commuting to class two less days per week
- Take your stress levels down a few notches
- Put more of your valuable time towards what’s important in your life
And you can do this all while getting the education you need to feel confident about launching an exciting beauty career.
- 600 hours: 20 weeks* (4-Day schedule) or 37 weeks* (2-Day schedule)
- 4-Day schedule (30 hours/week): Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 2-Day schedule (16 hours/week): Monday & Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Comfort Zone and SkinMedica product partnerships
- Pivot Point Member School-based curriculum
- Esthetics classrooms and hands-on training in our 28-bed Student Spa
- Hands-on exposure to our Laser Technician program
- Weekly all-school educational assemblies
- Professional & Career Development classes
- Semi-annual editorial styling and runway presentation events
Is Beauty School Right for You? Find Out! Take the Penrose Academy “Beauty Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now >>
Graduating from Penrose Academy’s Esthetics Program will give you a deep understanding of medical esthetics, dermaplaning, peels, waxing, makeup techniques, facials and the entire business of the spa industry. In addition, you’ll learn in our 22-bed Student Spa, where you’ll have hands-on experience with real guests.
Your Esthetics program will be split into four Zones. Each Zone’s curriculum also includes Life Skills education, our comprehensive professional and personal development program designed to build your business and professional skills.
Technical Curriculum Breakdown
- Clinical Procedures
- [comfort zone] and SkinMedica product training
- Brow Shape & Style
- Lash Lift
- Tinting (Eyelash & Brow)
- Facial & Body Waxing
- Skin Treatments
- Back Facial
- Dermaplaning (Dry & Oil)
- Model Workshop
- Model Test-Out
- SkinMedica Chemical Peel Training
- Safety, Sanitation & Infection Control (SSIC)
- State Board Boot Camp
- Arizona State Board Test-Out
- Principles of Electricity & Ecology
- Skin Analysis & Equipment
- The Integumentary System
- Theory of Makeup
Theory Curriculum Breakdown
- Principles of Electricity
- Skin Analysis & Equipment
- Skin Physiology
- Theory of Makeup
- Skin Care Ecology
- Advanced Treatments
- Estheticians in the Medical Field
- Clinical Treatments Records
- Professional Development Business Basics
- Introducation to Laser Theory
- Final Exam
- Infection Control and Safety Sanitation (SSIC)
- Arizona State Board Laws
I chose to pursue my Esthetics program to further my career in the beauty industry. Practising Esthetics is a great way to impact the lives of others in a productive and positive way. Penrose Academy not only prepares us to provide quality services to our clients after graduation, it prepares us to be successful on the business side of the beauty industry by instilling the importance of the 6 R's.
At Penrose Academy, we believe in being transparent and upfront about tuition costs so you can make an informed decision when choosing a school. We’re here to work with you, one-on-one, to help you determine the best financing options for you. In addition, we provide financial aid guidance and information on any scholarship opportunities available. We want to do everything in our power to help you achieve the education and the career you’ve always wanted.
If you have questions about tuition, or the financing options that may be available to you, please contact us. We’ll work with you individually to find the ideal solution.
If You’re Ready to Become a Business-Smart Beauty Expert, Then Come to Penrose. Get Professional Training from Industry-Experienced Instructors in Under 1 Year.*
For immediate questions, give us a call at 480-222-9540.
A helpful Admissions Representative can assist you with everything from career questions to funding options and help you discover the perfect career path for you.
* Program length when completed in normal time.