It’s our 11th birthday!
On August 15, 2006 Kohler Academy welcomed it’s first class of Cosmetology and Esthetics students. So many things have happened and evolved over those 11 years so we couldn’t resist having a quick recap. Since August 2006, here are a few things we have managed to accomplish:
- -Graduated 1600+ students from our Cosmetology, Cosmetology Hybrid, Esthetics, Nail Technician and Laser Technician Programs
- -Won an Arizona BBB Torch Award for Ethics
- -Traveled to 13 Countries with students via our Study Abroad program
- -Sponsored the Arizona High School Musical Theatre Awards for 3 years
- -Held 500+ weekly professional development assemblies
- -Provided 22,000+ hours of education
- -Become members for 12+ organizations including the Professional Beauty Association, American Association of Cosmetology Schools, Greater Phoenix BBB, LocalFirst AZ and many more!
- -Raised $100,000+ for our charity of choice Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- -Had countless numbers of campus and facility expansions and remodels to accommodate innovation of current and new programs
- -Developed over 175 collector buttons
- -Hosted 125+ local, national and international guest speakers and platform artists
- -Survived 1 renaming and rebranding to become Penrose Academy after 6 years operating as Kohler Academy.
- -Students have received hands-on learning servicing over 45,000 guests in our Student Salon, Spa, Nail Spa and Medical Spa
- -Maintained 19 air conditioning units to ensure a cool environment during the hot summer months
- -Had 400+ students serve on Penrose Academy’s Student Council
- -Hosted 5 (and counting) Wander+Wonder hair, makeup and nail editorial events
We’ve got some exciting things on the agenda this coming year. In 2018 we will be introducing an innovative program for Arizonas new 1000 hour Hairstyling license! This new program will be a hybrid program similar to our current Cosmetology Hybrid which we pioneered, offering unique online, off campus education.
Our newly renovated Student Nail Spa will start taking guests later this month, continuing education classes are growing with microblading, airbrush and bridal makeup and the addition of eyelash extensions coming later this year!
Additionally we will be announcing our Study Abroad 2018 location very soon so keep your eyes on our social media to learn where we will be traveling next… graduates are always welcome to join us for travel!
One can only wonder what might happen between this birthday and the next here at Penrose Academy. Thank you to all our students, alumni, staff, faculty, partners and loyal supporters for being a part of the journey so far!